War chest for writing web apps in Python?

Nick Vatamaniuc vatamane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 21:43:32 EDT 2006

Aptitude, are you still using that? Just use Synaptic on Ubuntu. The
problem as I wrote in my post before is that for some IDEs you don't
just download an executable but because they are written for Linux
first, on  Windows you have to search and install a lot of helper
libraries that often takes quite a bit of time.

And why do you want to spend half an hour searching for stuff when you
can do just spend 1 minute in a nice graphical installer or use apt-get
install on the command line to  install it.

I am using Ubuntu primarily because it has the .deb system which I
found to be much better mentained and which deals with dependecies a
lot better.

Nick V.