BCD List to HEX List

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sun Jul 30 22:05:12 EDT 2006

Philippe Martin wrote:
> John Machin wrote:
>

> > Philippe Martin wrote:

> >> Yes, I came here for the "algorithm" question, not the code result.
> >>

> > This is comp.lang.python, not comp.algorithms
> >
> > Why are you avoiding naming the chip and its compiler?
>

> I must disagree on that one: There are many threads on this site where
> people just have fun talking algorithm. I'm not an algo. expert and I know
> there are many here.

Get this through your head: some time in the last 25 years someone will
have made some general-purpose functions for doing the elementary
32-bit operations with a C compiler that offers no more than 16 bit
arithmetic, and published the C source code. Go find it.

> > Why are you avoiding naming the chip and its compiler?
> I am not but I do not see what that brings to the discussion:

Readers may actually know something about the device and/or compiler!!

> but if you
> wish ==>
>
> on one device, the processor in an 8-bit arm and the X-compiler is made by
> epson

1. You still haven't *NAMED* the CPU and the compiler!!

2. Do you mean ARM as in "Acorn/Advanced RISC Machines"?? They make
8-bit CPUs????

3. How does the device manage to compute the 8-decimal-digit number
that is your input??????