stderr, stdout, and errno 24

Sat Jul 15 02:59:02 EDT 2006

In article <1152793219.333586.59410 at b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "Wesley Henwood" <wesleyhenwood at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've checked and double checked my code and I am closing all files
>explicitly after opening them.

If you're running your program under Linux, a very easy way to confirm
this is to look in the directory

    /proc/<pid>/fd

where <pid> is the PID of your running program. In here you will see a
symlink to every file your program has open, the name of the link being
the file descriptor number.

To make it easier to watch, you may want to stick in a sleep of a few
seconds in-between iterations of the code that executes the Python
script.

If you see the entries piling up in this directory, that will confirm
that you're not closing those files.