Python for Embedded Systems?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jul 14 13:29:46 EDT 2006

On 2006-07-14, Jack <nospam at invalid.com> wrote:
> Is there a Python packaging that is specifically for
> embedded systems? ie, very small and configurable so the
> user gets to select what modules to install?
>
> For Linux-based embedded systems in particular?
>
> I'm thinking of running it on the Linksys's Linux-based open
> source router WRT54G. It has 4MB flash and 16MB RAM. I think
> another model has 16MB flash. Any possibilities of running
> Python on these systems?

A few years back there was a "deeply embedded python" project,
but it's been dead for quite a while:

 http://www.tucs.fi/magazin/output.php?ID=2000.N2.LilDeEmPy
 http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-announce-list/1999-August/000157.html

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  My BIOLOGICAL ALARM
                                  at               CLOCK just went off... It