Newbie..Needs Help

Nick Vatamaniuc vatamane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 09:34:13 EDT 2006

Your description is too general. The way to 'collect the results'
depends largely in what format the results are. If they are in an html
table you will have to parse the html data if they are in a simple
plaintext you might use a different method, and if the site renders the
numbers to images and adds some noise and font effects to them, then
you can abandon the idea altogether unless you have a good background
in OCR.

But let's assume that you data is embedded an html sourse. Even so you,
it would largely depend on the specific syntax used. Sometimes you
could  just use regular expressions, other times a full HTML parser
will be needed. Then you could have the issue of 'how to get to the
right page' and/or 'how to uniquely identify and match each of the
previously parsed rows of data to the new set of rows of data that also
have the results added to them?'

Perhaps if you post the website plus a clear and exact description of
what you want to accomplish and what has already been accomplished you
might find someone to help.

-Nick V.