beta.python.org content

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Fri Jan 27 16:44:19 EST 2006

Steve Holden wrote:
> How does
>
>   http://beta.python.org/about/beginners/
>
> look?
>
> regards
>  Steve
I agree that links need better contrast (if you are taking over the
page coloring; you might consider avoiding that as well as font spec).

In the initial paragraph:
     Welcome! Are you completely new to programming? If _not_ ....
I'd add something in the words to indicate what to do if you _are_
"completely new to programming."  Perhaps simply this:
     Welcome! Are you completely new to programming?
     If so, click on _this_link_.  If _not_ ....

Paragraph 3 in "Why Python":
   Some people uppose because Python ...
I'd prefer the word "suppose."
and later in that paragraph, I'd change:
     ... extensions that provide compact numerical solutions
to:
     ... extensions that provide compact high-speed numerical solutions

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org