New Python.org website ?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Jan 22 17:20:29 EST 2006

In article <mailman.900.1137937834.27775.python-list at python.org>,
Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

>for the curious, I've found a few more spare 15-minute slots, and a more
>extensive (but still rough) translation is available here:
>
>    http://effbot.org/pydotorg/
>
>the sample site contains ~600 pages.  each page has been automatically
>translated from python.org sources to moinmoin markup, and then stored
>in a moinmoin 1.5 instance.  a separate component has then extracted the
>pages from moinmoin, and converted them XHTML fragments for rendering.

That looks pretty good.  The most serious bug I've found so far in your
conversion is the missing form for grabbing SF bugs/patches on
http://www.python.org/dev/
just after "Links for Developers"

I'm curious what you plan to do for handling sidebar links, especially
context-sensitve ones that change as you switch between sections of the
site.

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis