Microsoft IronPython?

Kent Johnson kent at kentsjohnson.com
Wed Jan 4 08:52:20 EST 2006

Ray wrote:
> Kay Schluehr wrote:
>
>>At least for Jython we already know from the Jython homepage that it is
>>the great hope of the Java platform to survive in future and far
>>beyond.
>

> Yeah except that it's coming on so slow... we were doing some scripting
> for our Java app and Groovy won because Jython has been in alpha for
> YEARS :(

That's a hoot! Of course you can choose what language you like, but to
choose Groovy over Jython because it is more developed is mind-boggling!

Jython 2.1 has been released, stable and suitable for production use for
many years. The Groovy community was still working on the *language
definition* in November 2005 and has yet to deliver a stable final release.

Kent