Unified web API for CGI and mod_python?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 10:25:39 EST 2006

Tim Chase wrote:
> I've been digging around, but can't seem to come up with the
> right combo of words to google for to get helpful results.  Is
> there some handy wrapper/module that allows code to target
> existance as both a CGI script and a mod_python script, with only
> one "import" statement?  Perhaps some common object model?

You could try WebStack - it provides a common API which would probably
be suitable for your purposes:

http://www.python.org/pypi/WebStack

The PythonInfo Wiki [1] has a WebProgramming page which also gives
information about the different frameworks and standards.

Paul

[1] http://wiki.python.org/moin/