Unified web API for CGI and mod_python?

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Tue Jan 24 08:54:49 EST 2006

I've been digging around, but can't seem to come up with the
right combo of words to google for to get helpful results.  Is
there some handy wrapper/module that allows code to target
existance as both a CGI script and a mod_python script, with only
one "import" statement?  Perhaps some common object model?

I've got CGI access on one server, and mod_python on
another...I'd prefer to use mod_python for the reduced overhead
(my own performance testing seems to indicate it's got a good
lead over CGI), but it's not as available on various hosting
services as CGI access is.

Thanks,

-tkc