Any wing2.0 users here?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Mon Jan 2 17:34:04 EST 2006

Claudio Grondi napisał(a):

> To be honest, the more experience I have, the less I can understand what
> a debugger is for. Can't even remember when used one last time. This is
> valid also for programming in C/C++ or Java, so in my eyes the
> "Debugger? No, Thanks!" is not limited only to Python or other script
> programming languages.
>
> Any professional programmer here who were really missing something very
> important when forced to program without a sofisticated debugger?
> If yes, could it be, that they program hardware driver or operating
> system kernels?

Nonono, interactive debuggers are very nice and helpful in most of
cases, such as in Java or C programs. I just didn't found any use for
interactive debugger with Python, so IDE's offer of "interactive
debugger" is no-op for me.

Anyway, I like Komodo and PyDev, only because they have nice project
management features (also available at no cost in jEdit and Kate). I
think, most of commercially available IDE's have something like that.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/