New Python.org website ?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 18 05:25:11 EST 2006

Tim N. van der Leeuw wrote:
> Steve,
>
> My apologies if this apppeared to be 'slagging'. I was trying to give
> some feedback but I do realize that I don't have anything better to
> offer yet to replace the pictures I dislike.

That's absolutely fine, the redevelopment of the site is intended to be
an open process. I just didn't want creativity wasted in criticizing
content that was only there as a placeholder.

You also gave me a chance to recruit further content editors, which is
something we really need to do.

> Perhaps I should have withheld my criticisms until I could offer an
> alternative. (Still thinking about what could be there instead of those
> 3 pictures. But I'd like there to be some actual real Python content,
> or links to events from the Python Events Calender; or perhaps links to
> large python projects like Zope -- something that links to the major
> parts of Python. Perhaps 1 picture that links to Python Web Development
> including things like Zope, Django, etc; another picture that links to
> a page giving overview of major IDEs for Python; and 3d picture that
> links to page with Python Event calender... Something along those
> lines. But I don't have any graphics for you.)

Keep thinking!

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119