Reading from input file.

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Thu Jan 12 17:01:33 EST 2006

"Sheldon" <shejo284 at gmail.com> writes:
> So Mike if you can do better then do it then! There are many ways do
> solve a problem, perhaps you have not learned that yet. At first this
> guy didn't know what to do, so he had to begin somewhere. Now you can
> take him much further, I am sure but the journey might not be so
> pleasant. Your attitude really needs major adjustment but then again, I
> have to consider the source.

Let's double check: I didn't insult you. I didn't insult the original
poster. I didn't say the code was bad, or ugly, or otherwise
intolerable. All I did was point out that - with a modern Python -
there's a shorter, easier to read way to write it. Pretty typical
c.l.python behavior: demonstrating how posted code can be improved in
some way. Personally, I encourage this behavior, because it helps
everybody write better code.

In return, I get insulted, told I need an attitude adjustment, and
insulted a second time.

If seeing people improve your code ticks you off so badly, you should
think *very* hard before you post it to c.l.python. Writing code that
can't be improved is nearly impossible, so it's very likely that any
code posted here - by anyone - someone will know how to improve.

        <mike