path to python in WinXP

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:28:02 EST 2006

tim> For a more persistant solution, go to your system
tim> properties and dig around for the "Environment variables"
tim> button.  I've got Win2k here, not XP, so I don't know the
tim> exact sequence, but here it is on Win2k

Sequence on XP is Start | Control Panel | System | Advanced |
Environmental Variables. Then in the lower half of the dialogue box is
the "System Variables" Select Path, and then edit and enter the path to
Python.exe. I used ActiveState which puts it in c:\python24

Good luck.

rpd
www.dooling.com