Python or Java or maybe PHP?

James fphsml at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:54:38 EST 2006

While on topic of custom contructs, the topic of syntactic macros has
come up in the past. Does anyone know if the dev team ever considered
for or against them? My interest in them was renewed when I came across
Logix
http://www.livelogix.net/logix/
It does not seem very active at the moment nor do they see Python as a
long tem platform for their project. Although it already seemed usable
in the little programs I tested it with.

I keep asking myself why isn't this more popular especially when many
prominent Python devs seem to be well aware of Lisp where macros are
done right. But then again, Gosling's great Lisp prowess did not seem
to transfer into Java at all :-). Won't macros and type inference make
Python a Lisp with a syntax that I can stand and libraries that I could
use :-) ? Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a peep from Mike Salib
on StarKiller either. Did he move on to other pursuits?