Python or Java or maybe PHP?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Jan 3 09:00:23 EST 2006

In article <1136285678.276857.268840 at g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
James <fphsml at gmail.com> wrote:

>I keep asking myself why isn't this more popular especially when many
>prominent Python devs seem to be well aware of Lisp where macros are
>done right.

You have confused "many Python devs" with Guido.  ;-)  Guido hates
macros.  Oddly enough, my impression is that macros are popular only in
the Lisp community, and they may well be part of the reason Lisp has
never become popular.

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith