Are there memory limits for external C modules?

david at quanterium.zzn.com david at quanterium.zzn.com
Thu Jan 26 12:36:34 EST 2006

I've been working on an external C module for Python in order to use
some of the functionality from Ethereal. Right now I'm getting
segfaults originating from within the Ethereal source code, but the
same code works fine when used normally (i.e. through Ethereal or
Tethereal). I'm wondering if there's some sort of memory limitation the
Python interpreter imposes on the C code it calls that I might be
running into, and if so, any ways to increase it?

Thanks,

David