OT: excellent book on information theory

David H Wild dhwild at talktalk.net
Sat Jan 21 04:32:05 EST 2006

In article <pan.2006.01.21.02.04.10.363422 at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au>,
   Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote:
> But the real question is why it is that American publishers believe
> their readers are so lazy and ignorant that they require special
> "translations" of British books. I don't know anyone who has said "I'm
> glad that I read the American edition of [Harry Potter/Discworld/pick
> your own example], it was much better than the British edition." Not
> even American fans.

Something which irritates me, along with many other British people, is a
book written in UK English, but which uses US spelling "for the American
market". If people can understand the words, then the slight differences in
spelling shouldn't be a problem.

--
David Wild using RISC OS on broadband