File permissions script vs shell

jdlists at gmail.com jdlists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:52:17 EST 2006

I'm running python on windows and have a program that watches a
directory and acts on files as they come into the directory.  After
processing is complete, i delete the file, or in this case attempt
to....

In the script version I repeatedly get OSError exceptions stating
permission denied when trying to delete or rename

My exception print out...
Files system said no: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
u'D:\\Data\\00-0C-41-DD-87-E5.xml'

But i can go into the python shell and execute...

fileString = 'D:\\Data\\00-0C-41-DD-87-E5.xml'
import os
os.unlink(fileString)

and the file deletes fine

Any ideas?  This is on my development windows xp box and i'm the only
user.

Thanks
Jeff