Exception not raised

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at TOGLIunipex.it
Sat Feb 25 05:37:00 EST 2006

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>> This code are inside a method into class that have no try/except.
>> And called from a method inside a wx.Frame derivate. The other
>> strange thing is that if I try the same code just before the
>> "caller" to that method, it raise an exception:
>
> So maybe the C-layer of wx in-between doesn't propagate the exception
>  for whatever reason?

Can be, but only that exception aren't raised, all the other, in the
same point of code, yes.

> Fact is: pythons exception-handling is core part of the language and
> an error in there _extremely_ improbable .

I think the same, and this is one of the reason that push me to use python.

> So I suggest you cut down your example until it is self-contained
> with only a few dozen lines and still produces your observed
> behavior. Otherwise no one will be able to help you.

Into my 100 line code, that exception (and all the others) are raised! I
don't able, into all my tries, to reproduce that error on a small code...

I can publish my code, if someone has one hour of spare time and  a
postgresql where test the code. I'm make some instruction to reproduce it.

> Diez

Thanks,
Michele