Zope/Plone - Is it the right solution?

kbperry keith.b.perry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:40:18 EST 2006

Hi everyone,
I am currently a student, and for our HCI class project we are
redeveloping our CS website.  I attend a very large university (around
30,000 students), and the CS site will need to be updated by many
people that don't have technical skills (like clerical staff).

The biggest problem with the current site is that not enough people
have access to update it.  Since I love python, these seemed like
viable solutions.

1)  Is Zope/Plone overkill for this type of project?

2)  Why use Plone vs. straight up Zope?

3)  Is there a way to get over the steep learning curves (that I have
read about)?