Zope/Plone - Is it the right solution?

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:58:08 EST 2006

You may want to look at either of the popular frameworks, TurboGears
http://www.turbogears.org/ or Django http://www.djangoproject.com/

I have very little experience with both, but I decided to try learning
the Django framework after watching the Snakes and Rubies videos. (See
http://www.djangoproject.com/snakesandrubies/ ) I am working my way
through the Django tutorials and am very impressed and looking forward
to deploying it on my own site. The admin interface that you get
basically "free" is a very slick touch, especially with all the
widgets. My recommendation is to check out Django's admin interface
(see Adrian Holovaty's presentation of Django in Snakes and Rubies and
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/tutorial2/ ) and see if that
won't do the trick for allowing easy content contribution without the
contributors having to know any of the Python, HTML, or CSS behind the
pages.

Chris