PyAtom, a Python module for creating Atom syndication feeds

Steve R. Hastings steve at hastings.org
Thu Feb 23 03:53:40 EST 2006

Hello.  I have written a module called PyAtom.  It is designed to make it
really easy to create an Atom syndication feed.

Atom is a format similar to RSS, but with some additional features.

http://atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/

>From my Google searches, I think the name "PyAtom" is available, so I have
been calling my module by that name.  If this is a bad name, please let me
know, and I'll change it.

I intend to donate this to the Python Software Foundation, so I have
released it under the terms of the Academic Free License 2.1.

You can download it from here:

http://www.blarg.net/~steveha/pyatom.tar.gz

The file includes a readme.txt file with a few notes, and pyatom.py.

I had a great time writing this.  Please let me know what you think of it.
Comment here in comp.lang.python, or send email to me.  I have created a
special email address just for PyAtom questions and comments:

pyatom at langri.com

P.S. Should I publish this to the Cheese Shop?

http://cheeseshop.python.org/

--
Steve R. Hastings    "Vita est"
steve at hastings.org    http://www.blarg.net/~steveha