PyAtom, a Python module for creating Atom syndication feeds

Lawrence Oluyede raims at dot.com
Thu Feb 23 04:01:49 EST 2006

"Steve R. Hastings" <steve at hastings.org> writes:

> I intend to donate this to the Python Software Foundation, so I have
> released it under the terms of the Academic Free License 2.1.
>
> You can download it from here:
>
> http://www.blarg.net/~steveha/pyatom.tar.gz
>

> The file includes a readme.txt file with a few notes, and pyatom.py.

Very interesting, I was looking forward to something like that in the past and
found atomixlib but it has heavy dependencies. Yours seems nicer. Anyway, you
don't follow PEP 8 guidelines and AFAIK a module must be widespread and used by
the community before can be accepted in the Python core. The same happened with
Lundh's ElementTree

Good job :)

--
Lawrence - http://www.oluyede.org/blog
"Anyone can freely use whatever he wants but the light at the end