Yet another GUI toolkit question...

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 13:06:39 EST 2006

On 2/11/06, Kevin Walzer <sw at wordtech-software.com> wrote:

> Dabo looks interesting, but isn't it mainly for database applications?
> Has any other kind of application been developed with it? Also, it seems
> very Windows/Linux-centric. Is anyone using it on OS X?

The Dabo demo comes with several games written that have no database
stuff at all. According to the developers (one of whom develops on OS
X, to answer your other question), they started out creating a tool
for database apps, but the response has been so strong on the UI side
that they've spent most of their time making the dabo.ui module able
to be used by iteself.

I don't do any development work with databases, and I've used Dabo for
several internal apps. The stuff I used to write in wxPython I now
write in Dabo.

--

# p.d.