Back-end for python.org

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 12:25:51 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>> <whisper>
>> If you build it, they will come.
>> </whisper>
>
> http://pydotorg.dyndns.org:8000

Very cool.  I'd love to see something like this on the actual website...

Is the hope that in the real python.org version edits will show up
immediately, as they do in your version?  Or that the edits will be
visible in the preview pane[1] and that clicking "Save Changes" will
basically be a patch submission?

[1] Currently, the style isn't the same in the preview pane, so if, for
example, I add a "Sidebar:" section, I don't know if I've done it right
until my edit is committed.  I don't know how hard it would be to fix
this so that the preview pane looks just like the actual page...

STeVe