Visual Report Editor

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Thu Feb 16 09:44:15 EST 2006

Pawel wrote:
> I plan to make Visual Reporting Editior, a new product for
> corporate-class systems. Data will be in XML and in my application,
> designer should be able to make fascinating templates of reports. I
> will use Python and MSVS 2005 Pro. My question is, which libaries will
> be useful in my job. I plan to buy Qt and make visual layer of
> application using Qt. I'm making businessplan soI have to decide which
> tool will be useful. Is Qt best choice, maybe I should buy something
> different?

Before you go to all that work, please take a look at the Dabo Report
Designer, which uses wxPython for the UI and ReportLab for the PDF
generation.

There's a 23-minute screencast here which may give you an idea if its
design is compatible with yours:

http://dabodev.com/documentation

It isn't complete and I could certainly use help making it so.

--
Paul