critique my code, please

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at die_spammer_die.ericsson.com
Wed Feb 8 07:42:54 EST 2006

"Brian Blais" <bblais at bryant.edu> wrote in message
news:mailman.1488.1139232769.27775.python-list at python.org...
> Hello,
>
> I am including at the end of this document (is it better as an
attachment?) some code
> for a small gui dialog.  Since I am quite new to this, if anyone has any
suggestions
> for improvements to the code, bad coding practices, poor gui design,
etc... I'd love
> to hear it.

The GUI is "welded" to the application.

I much prefer to see a program split into a command-ling "engine"
application and a (or more) "GUI", "CLI" e.t.c. interface applications that
can connect to the engine and drive it. That way it is possible to script
the application.