Natural Language Date Processing.

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 11:10:19 EST 2006

Andrew Gwozdziewycz wrote:
> I've been looking recently for date processing modules that can parse
> dates in forms such as "next week" or "6 days from next sunday".

This is, in fact, a fairly difficult problem in general.  See the TERN_
competition that's currently held yearly on this task.  There are a few
taggers available that do this at:

     http://timex2.mitre.org/taggers/timex2_taggers.html

But none of them are available as Python modules.  You might be able to
port the Perl script there, but it won't do as well as the ATEL program
from CU which uses machine learning techniques.

.. _TERN: http://timex2.mitre.org/tern.html

STeVe