Writing my own typing monitor program for RSI sufferers...

samslists at gmail.com samslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:55:58 EST 2006

Well, this is the one part that I have no idea how to do....as far as I
can tell the information simply is not in /proc.  I need a different
method to discover when someone is typing.  That's what I came to the
list for, to get a clue as to how to do that.

Certainly someone has an idea how to detect typing on a usb keyboard
under python....some external library must exist?

Thanks

p.s. Diez...I'll read that over, and will look forward to seeing what
you come up with.  Please email me to let me know......I suspect that
your approach will require kernel modifications.... I don't want to go
down that path.  I'd be okay with it once, cut the last thing I want to
do is repatch my ubuntu kernel every time there was a security fix.