2.4.2 + Zone Alarm

DannyB dbough77 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 19:26:15 EST 2006

I believe this issue is known - I haven't found a way around it.

ZoneAlarm seems to be stopping IDLE from running.
I get two errors:

"Socket Error:  Connection refused"
and
"IDLE's subprocess didn'tt make connection.  Either IDLE can't start a
subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking the connection."

I know they are both due to ZA - I've set up ZA to allow Python to
access the internet w/o prompting me (even though I now it doesn't
actually access the internet.)

This usually happens after I create a script and run it in the GUI - if
the script ends up being a never ending loop - I X out of IDLE to stop
it.  The next time I try to run a script I get the errors until I
reboot the computer.

IIs there a fix?  I'm pretty sure that this problem started with 2.3.1
(i'm suing 2.4.2).

Thanks

Dan