python-list/python-dev quoting style

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Feb 25 01:30:28 EST 2006

In article <dto7um$ils$1 at gemini.csx.cam.ac.uk>,
Michael Hoffman  <cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid> wrote:
>[me]
>>>Does anyone have a script to convert more conventional USENET quoting
>>>style... to the commonly used python-dev/python-list style...
>
>[Aahz]
>> Blech.  Stick with the standard Usenet quoting style for both!
>
>I think this style is *much* clearer and cleaner. It does require a
>lot more hand editing though, although this encourages more judicious
>quoting.

It requires enough effort that I either skip it or don't respond.  Keep
that in mind if you want people to respond to your posts.  I also notice
many people trimming too much context.  And who is "me", anyway?

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis