python-list/python-dev quoting style

Michael Hoffman cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid
Sat Feb 25 01:53:36 EST 2006

[me]

[me]
>>I think this style is *much* clearer and cleaner. It does require a
>>lot more hand editing though, although this encourages more judicious
>>quoting.

[Aahz]
> It requires enough effort that I either skip it or don't respond.  Keep
> that in mind if you want people to respond to your posts.

Perhaps, but if doing so will make it easier for, say, Tim Peters to
respond to my post, you choosing not to respond is a burden I will have
to bear.

 > I also notice many people trimming too much context.

I notice this too. Also people trimming not enough. With any means of
quoting.

 > And who is "me", anyway?

It's hard to believe that you don't understand who "me" is in a
conversation between two people, one of whom is identified as "Aahz" and
is attributed words you yourself wrote.
--
Michael Hoffman