Visual Report Editor

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Feb 16 08:54:57 EST 2006

Pawel wrote:

> Hello,
> I plan to make Visual Reporting Editior, a new product for
> corporate-class systems. Data will be in XML and in my application,
> designer should be able to make fascinating templates of reports. I
> will use Python and MSVS 2005 Pro. My question is, which libaries will
> be useful in my job. I plan to buy Qt and make visual layer of
> application using Qt. I'm making businessplan soI have to decide which
> tool will be useful. Is Qt best choice, maybe I should buy something
> different?

If you do have the money, Qt is what you want to get. I've been
cross-OS-developing with it for Win, Linux and MacOs and it never let me
down. Even if you don't need cross-platform, the toolchain alone together
with the really good design are worth it.

Currently the move to Qt4 in the PyQt community is done, you might consider
waiting until that is reasonably stable or go for the early snapshots and
then buy stuff when its released.

Diez