How do I dynamically create functions without lambda?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 21:50:00 EST 2006

Alan Morgan <amorgan at xenon.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> Excessive cleverness can lead to unmaintainable code.  So can excessive
> stupidity.

+1 QOTW.

> Since there are a lot more stupid people than clever people out there I
> think the more likely scenario is having to maintain unmaintainable code
> written by a complete idiot whose programming knowledge comes solely from
> books whose titles end with "In 7 Days".

Disagree -- far more people THINK they're clever, than really ARE
clever.  According to a recent article in the Financial Times, over 40%
of a typical financial firm's employees firmly believe they are among
the 5% best employees of the firm -- and the situation, believe me, is
no different in programming.

Alex