Print a PDF transparently

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Fri Feb 17 10:08:02 EST 2006

In article <1140184955.674138.275010 at o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
Daniel Crespo <dcrespo at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi to all,
>
>I want to print a PDF right from my python app transparently. With
>"transparently" I mean that no matter what program handles the print
>petition, the user shouldn't be noticed about it.
>
>For example, when I want to print a PDF, Adobe Acrobat fires and keep
>opened. This is what I don't want to happen (and I thing there are a
>lot of people who want this too). So I just want to send the PDF to the
>right handler and print it. That's all.
>
>I've seen some things like Adobe's Postscript driver that can read a
>PDF, or Ghostscript, but I still don't know how to use it.
>
>Any help for printing a PDF transparently?
			.
			.
			.
Yes, but it's never going to be easy.  People have worked on this for
years ...

First, what platforms and printers interest you?  Are you only interested
in Linux-connected-to-PostScript-capable-printers, or do you want to do
Windows and Mac, and ...?

Also, there are likely to be licensing considerations sooner or later.
Start thinking about your situation in that regard.