Python / Apache / MySQL

Kalle Anke skromta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 06:15:37 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:04:45 +0100, Peter Hansen wrote
(in article <mailman.1893.1139915116.27775.python-list at python.org>):

> SQLite.  (As but one option, but "just basic selects" is certainly
> included in the set of suitable conditions for SQLite use.)

I've considered to use SQLite for an application but for completely different
reasons ... hmm, I should perhaps consider SQLite for some other ideas I have
also ...

> Don't optimize prematurely?  If you use something like SQLObject, or any
> other means of abstracting yourself away from the details of a specific
> datbase, you won't be particularly tied to it if you decide you need
> improved performance, or sophistication, or whatever.

That's true ... I was thinking in general terms here (a couple of people I
know handles huge data sets, genome data type of things, and in their case
speed is very important)