preserving POST data

Christoph Haas email at christoph-haas.de
Mon Feb 20 11:48:25 EST 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 22:35, Steve Young wrote:
> Lets say that I'm filling out a form and the information gets sent to
> another server first for some processing(before the one that it
> "should" go to). But from there, I want that intermediate server to be
> able to preserve this POST data using python so it can still retrieve
> the page that was originally requested (with some modifications from
> the intermediate server). Is there a way to do this with python?

That's less a python-specific question. The general solution is to store
the information on your server and remember who the user was. Many web
programmers use a cookie based authentication/identification with a
database backend. Which means:

- User comes to your website
- You send the user a cookie
- You create an entry in your database with that cookie
- User enters data
- You add the data to the database (referring to the cookie)
- User comes back later
- You can look up the data in your database according to the user's cookie

I use that scheme in a more complex way for cookie based authentication
(http://workaround.org/pysessions).

Kindly
 Christoph
--