evaluating gui modules, any experience on tkinter?

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 02:06:18 EST 2006

On 03/12/06, Gian Mario Tagliaretti <g.tagliaretti at gmail.com> wrote:
> hg wrote:
>
> Tkinter is fine under *nix and Windows for a large range of applications.
 > I think it has drawbacks and advantage compared to other toolkits. The
 > major advantage being bundled with python, and the drawbacks include (I
 > think) ... look and feel, printing support, imaging, documentation.

well, I am looking seriously at wxpython.

I found pyqt very good but can't figure out where to get dynamic
run-times for qt.
I don't want to compile it myself.
if that is available then I could as well go for it.
but talking about wxpython, I found it very easy.  and after reading a
few articles at devshed.com I am up and running with wxpython.
but problem is that as I emailed on another thread, I am falling short
of api documentation and reference for wxpython.
there is the reference and all the docs for wx widgets.  but what is
the point in first studying the c++ version and then translating the
same back to python when a library is already been translated and
there to be used?
Krishnakant.