merits of Lisp vs Python

Robert Uhl eadmund42 at NOSPAMgmail.com
Tue Dec 12 21:29:39 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> writes:

>>> Not without barreling through error messages about name conflicts.
>>
>> Ah, nice to get a straight answer to a question for a change, and without
>> an insult or a misrepresentation in sight. Thank you.
>
> Such a pity that answer is, apparently, wrong.
>
> Thank you to those who wrote back with the more accurate answer, which
> apparently is "yes, it is easy and there are no error messages".

Yes, you can do it if you want--but you have to explicitly say that
you're doing so.  In other words, it wouldn't happen by accident.  And
due to the package system, package A doing it wouldn't infect package B
unless B allowed it to.

In other words, you have to put the bullet in the chamber, take off the
safety and point the gun at your foot.

What some idiot in Glasgow or NYC, what a million idiots do, has nothing
at all to do with me, I can only be judged by the actions I take with my
possessions.  To do anything else is to spit upon my existence as an
individual human.                                     --R.D. Metcalf