Tkdnd--does anyone use it?

klappnase klappnase at web.de
Tue Dec 19 12:08:57 EST 2006

Kevin Walzer schrieb:

> Does anyone use the Tkdnd module that comes with Tkinter to allow
> drag-and-drop of Tkinter widgets in your application? (Not the binary
> extension that hooks into Xdnd and OLE-dnd on Windows.) I've looked at
> the various documents for Tkdnd, and it looks somewhat complicated,
> particulary if you want to use it outside of the canvas widget; I've
> also found very few examples of its actual use (as opposed to sample
> code snippets). I'm curious if anyone is actually using it in a
> production application and, if so, what your experience with it is.
> --
> Kevin Walzer
> Code by Kevin
> http://www.codebykevin.com

I use it in phonoripper
(http://klappnase.zexxo.net/phonoripper.index.html) to drag files from
directory tree into a listbox. I found it to be less complicated than
it looked at a first glance.
If you like you can have a look at the DirTree and TrackTree modules to
see how i use it.
(I actually use Treectrl widgets instead of a Tkinter.Listbox and a
slightly modified
Tkdnd module, but the logic is the same).

Regards

Michael