Good Looking UI for a stand alone application

Vincent Delporte justask at acme.com
Sun Dec 17 19:01:04 EST 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:37:04 +0100, luc at honk-honk.com (Luc Heinrich)
wrote:
>Crossplatform toolkits/frameworks suck. All of them. No exception. If
>you want your app to look *AND* feel great on all platform, abstract the
>core of your application and embed it in platform native GUI code.

+1. Applications beyond very basic GUI's are better off rewriting the
GUI for each application, while keeping the business logic separate.
Even something as basic as QuickTime sucks on Windows.

I'd be curious to see the source code to Skype: I just installed the
Linux version, and it looks very nice. Maybe it was recompiled with
Kylix.