merits of Lisp vs Python

Paul Rubin http
Sat Dec 9 04:11:26 EST 2006

You might try Mozart, <http://mozart-oz.org>.

> You should study lisp for at least a year, use it for some decent size
> projects. At the end of the day, even if you decide not to continue
> using it, you will be a much better coder. My bet, though, is that if
> you use it for a year, you won't want to use anything else.

I've used Lisp for a long time and I've implemented it from scratch
(small dialects, not full CL) more than once.  There's something
primordial about it that is very satisfying to the inner urges.  But
there are higher forms of life out there these days too.

Do you know the Paul Graham piece "Beating the Averages"?  It's at:

   http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html

The error in it is that Lisp is really just another Blub.

  http://weblog.raganwald.com/2006/10/are-we-blub-programmers.html