merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 04:28:45 EST 2006

Paul Rubin wrote:

> Do you know the Paul Graham piece "Beating the Averages"?  It's at:
>
>    http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html
>
> The error in it is that Lisp is really just another Blub.
>
>   http://weblog.raganwald.com/2006/10/are-we-blub-programmers.html

There we find: "But when our hypothetical Blub programmer looks in the
other direction, up the power continuum, he doesn't realize he's looking
up. What he sees are merely weird languages... Blub is good enough for
him, because he thinks in Blub."

What is up the power continuum from Lisp?

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd