Wow, Python much faster than MatLab

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Fri Dec 29 17:14:19 EST 2006

hi All,

instead of questions,
my first success story:

I converted my first MatLab algorithm into Python (using SciPy),
and it not only works perfectly,
but also runs much faster:

MatLab: 14 msec
Python:  2 msec

After taking the first difficult steps into Python,
all kind of small problems as you already know,
it nows seems a piece of cake to convert from MatLab to Python.
(the final programs of MatLab and Python can almost only be
distinguished by the comment character ;-)

Especially I like:
- more relaxed behavior of exceeded the upper limit of a (1-dimensional)
  array
- much more functions available, like a simple "mean"
- reducing datatype if it's allowed (booleans of 1 byte)

thanks for all your help,
probably need some more in the future,
cheers,
Stef Mientki