merits of Lisp vs Python

Ken Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 02:00:02 EST 2006

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 22:41:12 -0500, Ken Tilton wrote:
>

>>>I know that. It was more of a rhetorical question -- Lispers are either
>>>trying to emphasis the radical nature of what you can do with macros, or
>>>understate it and make them seem just like functions.
>>
>>Yep, both. The first is rare. CLOS is one, my Cells (ported this summer
>>to PyCells as part of SoC 2006) is another. The latter is the norm.
>

> If macros' advanced usage is rare,

Hunh? I have tons of them. Of coure at your level of discourse you will
want to know if those are metric tons or...

ken

--
Algebra: http://www.tilton-technology.com/LispNycAlgebra1.htm

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for thirty-five
years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally
won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd