merits of Lisp vs Python

Sun Dec 10 08:54:02 EST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 02:00:02 -0500, Ken Tilton wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano wrote:

>>>Yep, both. The first is rare. CLOS is one, my Cells (ported this summer
>>>to PyCells as part of SoC 2006) is another. The latter is the norm.
>>

>> If macros' advanced usage is rare,
>
> Hunh? I have tons of them. Of coure at your level of discourse you will
> want to know if those are metric tons or...

Stop playing games Ken. You said they were rare. Not me. You. The fact
that you personally make lots of use of the more radical macros doesn't
come into it. As you said, the norm across the wider Lisp community is the
less radical macro, the ones that are basically just functions.

That's what you said -- or are you changing your mind?

--
Steven.