Starting a child process and getting its stdout?

cypher543 david at cypherspace.info
Sat Dec 30 12:49:05 EST 2006

Yes, I did try your example. But, after talking on the #python IRC
channel, I realized that it wasn't the process that was blocking, it
was my GUI. I had to fire an event using gobject.io_add_watch()
whenever data was received from the child process. The event then read
from the process and added a line to my gtk.TextView.

Thank you for your suggestions, though.