PyQt, designer, and directional flow

borntonetwork borntonetwork at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 23:46:00 EST 2006

I am creating a simple form using designer (qt4) on Ubuntu. I use pyuic
to create a python script from the form. I run the script and the form
shows up fine. The idiosyncrasy occurs when I try to type text into a
QTextEntry widget. The text is right-aligned, not left-aligned as I had
set it up in the property editor in designer.

This behavior is not limited to alignment in text fields. If I insert a
QTableWidget and add items to it, the items appear from right to left,
not left to right. For example, if I create a 4-column table and use
setItem() to insert the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 into columns 0, 1, 2, 3
respectively, I get this:

4 3 2 1

The same thing goes with the headers. I create a QStringList ("1", "2",
"3", "4") and add it using setHorizontalHeaderLabels() then the headers
show up as 4 3 2 1.

This is my first qt app using python instead of C++, so I may be doing
something wrong.

I am grateful for any ideas someone might have.

By the way I've compiled pyqt and qt4 from the latest stable sources.