possible php convert

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:47:32 EST 2006

On 11/12/06, Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> At Sunday 10/12/2006 09:36, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
> >Hi all, I've been contemplating the switch to python from php. I'm no
> >wiz, but I can get my way around with help form the online docs. I see
> >that python has much less documentation available, so expect to hear
> >from me a bit in the next few weeks. :)
>
> Uhm, have you looked at http://www.python.org/doc/ ?

Yes, of course. That's naturally the first place I'd go. I won't start
a flame war by comparing them to docs that I am familiar with from a
competing product :)

> >One concern that I have is that my current host does not support
> >python, and for a very technical reason (money) I'd rather not switch.
> >I've googled the possibility of installing python in my user's home
> >directory (RHEL server), and this seems possible. Can anyone enlighten
> >me as to how I could do this? Thanks in advance.
>
> I guess you want to use Python to provide dynamic content for a web site.
> There are several alternatives: Apache with mod_python, or Django,
> TurboGears, CherryPy. There was a recent discussion on this list some
> days ago about these frameworks.

It'd have to be right before I signed up! I'll STFA a bit more, as I
had really just skimmed them due to my unfamiliarity with the python
community.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/text_editor.html